Overall, 2011 was a pretty good year. I hope 2012 will be better.
1. What was your happiest event?
There were many in 2011 – especially since it was Vinay’s first year. But I think the happiest was taking him to Bombay to meet his two great-grandmothers.
2. What was the saddest thing to happen?
The saddest thing that happened was my uncle passing away in November.
3. What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
Two things. a) I had a plan to go to London for a week in December and leave Vinay in Lagos. I didn’t think I’d do it. Hub didn’t think I’d do it. No one thought I’d do it! But I did. b) Part of the reason I was going to London was to see George Michael in concert. But it was CANCELLED!
4. Who let you down?
No one. Oh – apart from the stupid man that fixes water pumping machines. He’s stopped taking my calls when he still has work to do at our home. Oh… And myself – for starting smoking again.
5. Who supported you?
Funnily enough, it’s been Twitter and the people I regularly tweet with. It may have just been a #twattyknobchops tweet, but those are the people that have been there!
6. Tell us something you learned.
I have learned that as long as you are happy doing what you do, no one should be able to make you feel bad for it.
7. Tell us one thing that made you laugh.
Spending time with some of my closest friends is always a laugh. We usually end up laughing about nothing, so I can’t pin point anything in particular.
8. Tell us one thing that made you cry.
I’ve cried rather a lot – over the silliest things. But when Vinay was ill with a chest infection in October, I was an absolute wreck.
9. Tell us three things your child did to make you proud.
a) He started walking.
b) The speed at which he learns things never ceases to amaze me!
c) He gained enough confidence to leave me and go and play with whatever he wanted during playgroup.
10. Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself.
Starting my blog.
11. Tell us one challenge you overcame.
I’m going to keep thinking about this and update at a later time!
12. Is there anything you would like to change about your life in 2012.
2012 is going to be the year that I make an effort with myself. Operation Fit and Fabulous – here I come!