BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE – IT’S JUST A BIT OF FUN. GET OVER IT!
I’ve not been in Dubai long. Only a week or so. But since my parents live here now, I guess I’ll be spending more time here.
If I’m going to spend more time here, maybe I should make more of an effort to ‘fit in’ and *be* like other women.
After carefully observing numerous women, in various situations, over the last few days, I have seen that in order to ‘fit in’ and be like them, there are certain things I have to do…
1. Wear make-up *all* the time. Not light make-up during the day and heavier at night. No, no. That just won’t do. It has to be full, heavy make-up all day. Smoky eyes and red lips included.
2. Wear trendy clothes at all times and do not look ‘sloppy’.
3. Wear high-heels. Even to the mall.
4. Wear short dresses when going out to dinner and/or a club. The tighter the better. Said dress should not show much cleavage, but it should show a lot of leg.
5. Make sure hair is long. At *least* shoulder length. And cut in layers.
6. Make sure hair is blow-dried at all times. It seems that if you are Indian, it should be styled with a few well-placed curls to make it all bouncy. You know, Bollywood style. Arab women seem to prefer theirs straight. I’m just generalising!
7. After blow-dry, whip out hairpiece(s) to be attached so that hair looks ‘fuller’. This must be done when there is a long queue of women waiting to have their hair done.
8. Make sure hands are manicured and feet are pedicured at all times.
9. Carry designer handbag. The more expensive the better.
10. Wear lots of jewellery. Gold and diamonds must be real.
I’m so glad I’m a tourist!
And even more glad that I don’t want to be like other women!